Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 40

At the beginning of the day today Laura showed me the system that she wants me to use to document photos from the Lac-Megantic train accident. I started to sort through all of the photos. There was some difficulty identifying parts of the cars given their decimated nature.

At the lunch meeting today, Chen-Yu presented his work on passenger rail collisions and derailments, which was pretty interesting. In my spare time today I read the accident report on US Airways Flight 1549, which miraculously landed in the Hudson River without any fatalities. Tomorrow I will continue to work on documenting the photos from the Lac-Megantic accident if I have time. At the beginning of the day I will be working on the ArcGIS project that Xiang assigned us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment