Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 22

Today I spent most of the day working on my Powerpoint. I continued to read the article on the TSA's attempts to reach 100% screening of cargo in the post 9/11 era. It was interesting to learn about the challenges that the TSA faces with trying to ensure the safety of cargo while at the same time making sure that they don't slow down the industry and cause disastrous economic effects. 

I faced some challenges in the phrasing of my risk factors with regards to trying to make a risk matrix. Ranking the likelihood and consequence for the risk factors you see in the picture below required a significant amount of educated guessing. I looked back at the Udemy course to get a handle on the scale that you used to rank the likelihood of the consequence. I'm going to alter the criteria to make them fit my risk factors better, as I need a scale that has some numbers between unlikely (3) and likely (4). This will be useful for factors like fatigue and outdated technology which are a constant presence. I feel it is appropriate to change the criteria as long as I justify my new choices. 

Tomorrow I will continue to work on the Powerpoint and read literature to fill in my knowledge gaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment