Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 9

For the first part of the day, we worked on putting the finishing touches on our ArcGIS presentation. In our meeting today, Chen-Yu, Xiang, and Laura looked over our presentation and made some suggestions on how to improve it before we ultimately present it to the company. They also talked to us about the project that we will be doing in the coming weeks. This involved them explaining the process of literature review as a research practice. 
After the meeting, we worked on fixing the presentation, which consisted of updating the maps, font sizes, spacing, etc. I continued to look over the ASRS reports to glean some information from them, as well as doing searches through the U of I library to find journal articles about aviation risk. In the short time that I've spent searching through the library, I can already tell that this is going to be a far more valuable resource to learn more about my research interests than Google has been. Tomorrow I plan to continue reading the articles that I found today, as well as finding new pertinent ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment