Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 8

Today I worked on finishing the ArcGIS project with Manu.We worked on creating a Powerpoint presentatons summarizing all of the information and creating the appropriate maps in ArcGIS. We ran into a little bit of difficulty fitting all 11 routes onto one slide, but by resizing some things and shifting others around, we were able to make everything fit. We have been working in tandem with Hannah and Jeff to sync our Powerpoint presentations.
In the spare time that I had today, I continued to do research on risk mitigation in aviation. Rather than focusing on specific accidents, I've started to look more for general techniques that mitigate the risk. I found out about a program called Aviation Safety Reporting System (ASRS), which is an anonymous system which allows pilots to confidentially report close calls in an effort to increase safety in the future. This is precisely the type of system that would allow you to introduce reforms that would help mitigate risk in the future. I will continue to read about the ASRS and do more research on this.


Tomorrow, I will continue my research on the ASRS and our group will put the finishing touches on our presentation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment