Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 2

At the beginning of the day I browsed through the tutorial book for ArcGIS to learn more about this software. I continued to try and install the program on my computer but ran into difficulty. Francesco and I decided that to simply switch to another computer in the office that had ArcGIS already installed on it. Jesus gave us a further tutorial in using ArcGIS, and we got our first assignment; calculating the expected population impact along 6 different train routes.

We had a lunch meeting where Xiang gave a very interesting presentation showing us different statistics on the dangers of broken rails. After the meeting, Manu and I worked on our ArcGIS assignment until the end of the day. I'm much more familiar with this program than I was at the start of the day, and I feel more comfortable using the program. For the rest of the week, we will work on finishing this assignment and I hope to become even more familiar with using ArcGIS.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment